John comes to Knight Nicastro and MacKay from the Missouri State Public Defender's office where he provided legal counsel, appointed by the courts, to indigent defendants charged with felonies and misdemeanors. This experience allowed him to take part in various jury trials, bench trials, motion hearings, and general court proceedings.
- My hobbies include: working out at Orangetheory, participating in local Stonewall Sports events, attending local shows and events, spending quality time with my family and friends. I love to watch amateur drag shows with my friends, go to distilleries and wineries with my parents, and check out local restaurants and coffee shops. I volunteer with Stonewall Sports, an adult sports league to provide a queer affirming space for members of the community to come together in a healthy way, Heartland Queer Project, an organization focused on providing space for queer locals to connect in new ways, and I am a coach volunteer with a local high school mock trial team, an after-school competition club where high schoolers are mock attorneys in a case.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. - 2017
- Missouri State University
- BA in Communications - 2014
- KC Legal (KC LGBT Bar Organization)
Current Employment Positions