After a recent three-day jury trial in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, Knight Nicastro’s Noah Garcia obtained an unprecedented defense verdict on behalf of a class one railway company client. The case involved a “maintenance of way” employee, who had been disciplined after failing to timely report an injury. The jury found that the railway company did not violate the Federal Railroad Safety Act (FRSA), 49 U.S.C. 20109, and rendered the defense verdict in favor of the firm’s client. The verdict is the first of its kind in the Western District of Missouri.
Knight Nicastro Achieves Unprecedented FRSA Defense Verdict in Western Missouri
- How shareholder disputes may arise
- Missouri Court Holds Settlement Communications Governed by Contract Case Law
- Illinois Law Update: Prejudgment Interest Now Available on Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Actions
- Owned-Vehicle Exclusion Upheld to Limit Coverage to MVFRL Minimum
- The Issues Surrounding Settlement Negotiations