Derek H. MacKay
After receiving his Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Economics from the University of Kansas, Derek decided to pursue a legal career focusing on the needs of business people and professionals. He is a graduate of DePaul University College of Law.
Throughout his career, Derek has represented individuals and business entities in various matters involving product liability, premises liability, contract disputes, insurance coverage, arson-fraud investigation, transportation, professional negligence, employment discrimination, defamation, fraud, misrepresentation and other torts and miscellaneous personal injury matters. Derek has successfully defended manufacturers, distributors, retailers and insurance carriers in various areas of the law.
His primary focus remains product liability litigation and arson-fraud investigation; however, his practice continues to include insurance coverage, personal injury, automobile negligence, and other general litigation matters. Derek is licensed to practice in the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas.
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2006
- University of Kansas
- B.A. - 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- Rising Star, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine (2011-Present)
Classes & Seminars
Fraternities or Sororities
Certified Legal Specialties
- Kansas City Bar Association, Member
- Council on Litigation Management, Member
- National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators, Member
- Kansas City Claim Handlers Association, Member
Current Employment Positions
- Member Owner