William McFadden (Bill) is a seasoned litigator with an established record of successfully defending railroads and other large entities in complex, multi-party litigation in state and federal court. Prior to returning to private practice, he held the position of Regional Claims Director at BNSF Railway, where he led an innovative team that proactively risk-managed casualty litigation in eight Midwestern states. Before BNSF, he litigated cases for nine years in Chicago where he gained first-chair trial experience and focused his practice on the defense of corporate entities, including FELA litigation, employment defense and commercial litigation. While serving as an Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney, he litigated complex civil cases, engaged in appellate advocacy and criminal prosecutions and tried several jury trials and hundreds of bench trials.
Bill loves vigorously advocating for his clients, closely working with them to develop creative solutions, and trying difficult cases.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor - 2001
- Honors: Order of Coif – Employment Law
- Honors: Student Bar Association, Elected Representative
- Saint Xavier University, Chicago, Illinois
- Bachelor of Arts - 1994
- Major: History
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Member - 2006
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, NARTC Trial College - 2009