Adam is a trial lawyer and has tried cases to verdict before juries in state and federal courts, for both plaintiffs and defendants, representing corporations and individuals, in civil and criminal matters. Prior to joining Knight Nicastro, Adam served as an Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA), a Special Assistant United States Attorney (SAUSA), and a Special Attorney to the United States Attorney General. During the terms of these appointments, Adam served as both a federal prosecutor in the criminal division and a trial attorney in civil cases. His duties included prosecuting complex environmental and criminal fraud cases, as well as defending civil actions brought against the United States under the Federal Tort Claims Act.
Prior to that time, Adam was a partner at a private law firm where he tried cases on behalf of his clients for over a decade. Adam is a member of the Montana Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Federal Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in Montana State Courts, the United States District Courts for the District of Montana, United States Tax Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Adam has been recognized by his peers by being selected as the youngest member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) in Montana.
- Product Liability
- Design and Construction
- Environmental, Natural Resources and Toxic Tort Law
- Civil and Tort Litigation
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- Earlham College, Indiana
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Montana
- Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA)
- a Special Assistant United States Attorney (SAUSA)
- Special Attorney to the United States Attorney General
- Youngest Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Classes & Seminars
Fraternities or Sororities
Certified Legal Specialties
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Current Employment Positions