Matthew Yukito Yasuoka
Chicago, IL 60606
Matthew is a litigator, who was born and raised in the state of Hawaiʻi. Competing in speech and debate in high school and college sparked his interest in becoming a lawyer. In law school, he competed in moot court for Loyola University Chicago. It was there that he honed his argumentation and research skills while winning a national championship.
Prior to coming to Knight Nicastro Mackay, Matthew worked for a plaintiff’s firm that specialized in truck accident cases. He is passionate about finding interesting legal arguments to help his clients succeed.
In his free time, Matthew loves rock climbing and coaching moot court. He is fascinated by technology and can often be found tinkering with some coding project.
- B.A., Pacific University, cum laude,
- Major: Politics and Government M.A.
- University of Illinois—Chicago,
- Major: Museum and Exhibition Studies J.D.
- Loyola University Chicago,
- Honors: dean’s list, Moot Court Student of the Year
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Loyola University Chicago Moot Court National Championship coach
- Member of the Thomas Tang Moot Court National Committee
- Chicago Debates
Current Employment Positions